Egan Loo (eganloo@anime.net)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:16:55 -0700

At 8:06 PM -0700 99.8.18, -Z- wrote:
>At 19:55 8/17/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>>Would you expect any less from Yoko Kanno as the composer for the series?
>>>We are talking about top talent here.
>>
>>Unfortunately he sounded like he was beginning to recycle his past work
>>from, say, Escaflowne...
>
>Yoko Kanno is a woman. Same Yo-ko kanji as Yoko Ono, if I'm not mistaken.
>And, although she most often turns to others, such as Gabriela Robin, for
>the vocals on her compositions, you can hear her singing "Butterfly" on the
>Brain Powerd OST and "Santi-U" on Macross Plus.

Yoko Kanno doesn't write her given name in kanji, just like Brain Powerd's
main designer Mutsumi Inomata writes her entire name in hiragana. The
vocals for "Santi-U" and many other songs composed by Kanno is officially
credited to "Gabriela Robin," but .... On "Gabriela Robin" and whether or
not Youko Kanno sings on any of her anime projects .... hmmm, funny that. ^^

Egan Loo
eganloo@anime.net