BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:15:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/1999 6:34:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gundam@loop.com writes:

> >I like this Zaku III Kai a lot! Its one awesome looking bad guy, even
though
> >its kind of ugly. The Marasai is neat too. I'd like to see a HG Kampfer
> from
> >this line. The Kampfer with the full weapon load out, like that SD kit.
Now
> >that's one evil, but cool looking MS!!
>
> FYI that kit exists... the 1:144 kit from 0080.

I've heard that, that kit needs a lot of painting. Is the above kit any good?

> >We need a new HG Gundam to fight the
> >new HG bad guys. Wonder what Gundam will be released as a new HG kit?
Cause,

> >ya know, sooner or later, Bandai's gotta make a Gundam for this new HG
> >series.
>
> Why? The point of HGUC kits seems to be to upgrade the kits that will
> never be released as a MG kit. Right now it seems like every Gundam will
> eventually become a MG kit, so there's no point in releasing them in the
> HGUC line, not to mention you've already got 4 HG Gundams out.

They are older HG's, though. Yes, but MG's are less durable then 1/144 kits.
I like the MG's alot, though. But, these new HGUC kits are an improvement
over the older 1/144 kits. MG's aren't viaable for making a Gundam Battle
Dioroma, which I am planning on making, when I get around to it. I'm sure
most Gundam's will get the MG treatment sooner of later, but I'd at least
like to see one Gundam released as an HGUC kit. I can't find those four HG
Gundams anywhere, but haven't checked HLJ for them. A Gundam besides those
four could be a HGUC kit. Like the GP-01, for instance. That is an MG, but is
not very sturdy. Yeah I know there's older kits of almost every Gundam, but
newer kits will probably always be better then older kits. The HG Zeta is a
good kit, but suffers from the ugly green white color. I have built that kit.
The HG RX-178 was a great kit, one of my favorites. Little things on kits
have changed since then. Meaning an updated kit of an much older kit, can
make improvements over the older version of the same robot.

> >Anything Gundam, especially, a Gundam itself, seems to make Bandai
> >money.
>
> A few words as to that claim: MG Zeta Gundam.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I should have said, Bandai makes money off of
Gundam products, but not from every Gundam product.

> >BTW, at www.cooljapanesetoys.com I think it is, in the "In The News"
> >section, it says that the new chogokin Gundam just released, will be
> followed
> >by the Zaku II, then there will be no more new chogokin toys for Gundam.
> This
> >could change of course depending on a number of factor's, including how
> well
> >the Zaku II sales, IMHO.
>
> Although I'd love to have a complete line of chogokin 0079 suits, it looks
> like the Zaku II will wrap it up. It just occurred to me that the
"cheating"

> joints found on the chogokin Gundam wasn't new - it was actually borrowed
> from the PG Gundam. So it makes sense that Bandai won't release anymore
> chogokin toys after the Zaku II, because there are only 2 PG designs out
> there. At most we get a green chogokin Zaku II, but that's about it.
>
> Too bad they make more designs for the lame MS in Action figures instead of
> the kickass chogokin toys...
>
> Eddie

I have to get an MS in Action figure, before I can decide if its good or bad.
Same goes for the chogokin toy. There is going to be a diecast Turn A figure
released soon... :)

Aaron