Flanker358@aol.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 01:17:32 EDT

> >ok, well, i could definately buy the airbrush (id go with the 470,
> definately
> >at the right price at the place you mentioned) but their compressors ran
> >$170-$1000. that might be a little much for me. i probably will be
building
> >10-15 models a year. would you still suggest the compressors? also, how
> much do the air cans run on average? thanks a bunch.
> >
> >-mike

    The Aztek Air cans last around 15Min of use I think..(not too sure of
this, haven't been making models for a while because of $). They cost about
$8-9 for the 15oz cans.(remember to uy the same brand aircan as the airbrush
you use).

     As for the compressor issue, I'm still thinking about it myself too. But
What I recommend you do right now is that get the airbrush first and use air
can to paint 1 or 2 models, see how you like using the airbrush? Then follow
Eddie's advice: Think about the future, Do you see your self building kits
couple years from now? Do you want to display your models for others to
see/admire?

    So, if the answer to the above questions are yes, then start saving fund
and pick the right compressor for your airbrush.

Air Brush Action(http://www.airbrushaction.com/) has a nice chart on
compressors if you need info.