Enigma298@aol.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:08:15 EDT

I don't know how much of this is already common knowledge, but I thought I'd
mail it through anyway -

Apparantly, Bandai UK are also looking to bring Gundam into the UK. I spoke
to the product manager who deals with Gundam today, and they are trying to
get exposure for Gundam here, starting with importing Gundam Wing models in
themselves. So I'm told anyhow, they've only started doing this recently, and
the kits they are bringing in are the very basic (ungraded, I think) 1/144
G-Wing models, although I'm not sure which.

They want to broadcast the anime itself, but none of the terrestrial channels
seem interested in bringing it to a mass market, but they are trying to get
it onto the digital channels. They would do it on Channel 4, but they would
put it on at about 1am...(and for those of you who don't know, we only have 5
terrestrial channels :-)

In fact, the bloke I was speaking to had the subbed version of 0083 on his
desk, although he hadn't seen it yet :) At the moment, they are just
conducting some small scale market research on how to market Gundam, so maybe
if we bombard them with demands (or just threaten to drop a colony on them
?), they'll give in :)

It's some kind of good news at least, although who knows how long it will
take for it to reach a mass audience. The two anime video companies here
haven't expressed a huge interest in releasing Gundam in this country, so
they say, but I don't know if this is true or not.

Shane.
Gundam Imperium: http://side7.gundam.com/gundam9230