Lersak Bunupuradah (lersak@ksc11.th.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:02:26 +0700

>>I need someone who knows japanese to help me. I have long wondering what
exactly the word "Gun" mean.My favorite manga is Gunnm, and on the web,
>>people always say it traslated to "Gun Dream" But from the chinese
character
>>in the japanese title, it reads "Metal Dream"

>There are at least three different "gun" kanji. One refers to a district
>or county. Another means "soldier" or "army" --

I think that -Z- was misunderstood with [Gu-N]
    (e.g. Gun-jin = Soldier, (lit) Military Personnel)

For this Manga, it was read [Ga-N-Mu] GUNM....
and I used to read the author's comment, it really is "Metal Dream"
(This manga was my favorite too!)

Lers.