Perstroika@aol.com
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 13:15:50 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/99 8:43:16 AM, cmaster@ucla.edu writes:

<< The Question is, why no PC Gundam games? Or where there some that bliped
under the radar so to speak? And further more, can this Gundam Gaiden be
ported to PC soon, seeing as how DCast uses WinCE and DirectX for underlying
OS and development/interface respectively? Mmm... Dreamcast... Me, I'm
getting it for VOOT, among others. >>

I doubt it, unless you were to get a different drive for your computer, since
the Dreamcast is using double density discs (it's called GD-ROM).

<< You weren't looking hard enough. Mobile Fleet 0079, originally released
for the short-lived Pippen, was ported to Windows about 2 years ago, around
the time when Gundam Virtual Modeler was being ported to Windows. Back
then Bandai was on a software binge, releasing everything on Mac/Windows.
The Zeon files CD Mark Simmons mentioned a few months ago came out in that
time frame too. >>

that's true. I looked it up on my computer at work and Mobile Fleet 0079 was
delisted, but not deleted. That means that there's probably a few copies
floating around at some Babbage's or Software Etc.

Also, another Dreamcast note: it's going to be backwards compatible with
Saturn, so if anyone has Saturn games, you'll be able to play them. They'll
still look the same, but they'll load a lot faster. And you also mentioned
about psx2 and the emotion engine. psx2 is a lot like communism. It looks
great on paper, but when you try it for real, it falls apart. the "working"
model they had at e3 was *not* psx2. it was a pentium computer running psx2.
all of their attempts at making it run on its own have either melted or just
plain not worked. dont get me wrong, ill shell out the estimated $440-$600
for it, but it better not burn my house down.

<<Hmm, where did you hear that from? A reliable source I hope. Bandai only
released one Gundam game in the U.S. and it did so bad they ended up giving
them away for free; having been burnt I don't really see them too eager to
try again.>>

i read it in gamer's republic, i think. they just had a little blurb on it,
and it said there was an undetermined release date.

-mike