Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:32:32 -0700

>Not all that funny, now that NASA has finally approved the use of 486 chips

Funny, from what I heard of the news, several satellites would have Pentium
Inside.. :)

The Question now is--how rugged are the current generation of CPUS such as
P/PII/PIII and K6/K62/K63/Athlons are. Can they handle the radiations and
other crap that's out in space, or last for 100s of years without
modification? IF so, can they truly be the brains behind our MS?

Y. "PIII inside" Choe