Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- Felix Wong <wongkin@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

> Anyone know what's on the cover? It looks like a
> water-use Gundam! Can someone give me a review of >
this issue please.

This issue's special feature is a model gallery of
Zeon's amphibious MS: 0079's Zugock, Aggai, Gog
;0080's Hygog and Zugock-E, Turn-A's Kapool, etc. +
some very good kit-bashes, inc a Zugock-E "early
type", and the classic "Char's Zugock trashes the GM
in Jaburo" diorama.

The "water Gundam" on the 09/99's cover is a special
review on the recently released 1:144 First Grade (FG)
RX-78-2 Gundam + 3 finished examples made of this. The
"water Gundam" is a kit-bash called "The
C(sea)-Armor", a support vehicle for Gundam (exist on
paper only, of course) to enhence its underwater
navigation. Also come with the issue is a free decals
for the FG Gundam model, which doesn't include any of
them. The decals is a direct scale-down of the PG
Gundam. (on the same decal sheet includes a few decals
for the MG Dom, in which another free MG Dom decal was
given away free in previous Dengeki issue).

My favorite article, though, is the (kit-bash, using
PG & MG Zaku IIs) model gallery of Zaku II series as
featured on SegaSaturn's game "Giren's Greed". The
most impressive one is Zaku II "Dozul Zabi's custom"
with a over-sized heathawk. Impressive!

Finally, also given away free for this issue is a
35-page color booklet of "How to built the 1:144
Turn-A Gundam", with step-by-step instructions and
photos.

In short, this issue of Dengeki Hobby is a best-buy.

===
Nightingale