Joaquin & Linette Torres (jltorres@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:59:39 -0400

Exactly. I don't think my post was spiteful or indicated any deep personal
offense. I was just pointing a possible mistake on someone's part. The only way
a forum like this can work is with mutual respect. I have a close circle of
friends from MANY different ethnic backgrounds. We can joke around with ethnic
slang and slurs WITH EACH OTHER. We know each other well enough to know that no
harm is intended...just general foolin' around. However, we NEVER use those
terms or words with anyone but each other, because we can't assume everyone else
will 'get the joke', as it were.

My two yen,

Joaquin Torres