tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:07:03 -0700

At 12:00 PM 8/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I assume that the lower back portion of the G-commander is the missle bay
>since it does contain 6 or 8 hatch type doors on it, but then the mecha
>pods would have to move out of the way to fire the missles.

The DOW illustration shows rear doors swinging open to lauch long-range
missiles. In DOW, the G-Commander has six missile "packs", all of which
fire simultaneously to decimate the surrounding area. Each of the rear pods
on the G-C have two of these packs, as well as the rear missile-doors. I
suspect the pods were redesigned for the version on which the model is
based(the rear pods may very well have been intended as modular).

tby