A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away.... (devillin@juno.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:03:04 -0400

> >Incidentally, I've been monitoring the bids on these VCDs...
> >
> >The prices set are usually the typical price for the VCD sets.....in
> >Singapore $. However, ebay uses US$, so as you can guess that
person's
> >making a huge profit with every sale. I remember seeing his Z boxed
set
> >going for US$70 before!!!
>
> That's insane! Were those licensed or pirated? I know the pirated
ones
> go for a buck per disc, dunno how much the licensed ones go for
though...
> also I dunno why so many people bid on those VCDs, as they are subbed
in
> Chinese, not English.

Well, I have two cardinal rules when it comes to bidding on VCDs. 1) I
don't
bid on it if it starts over $10. 2) I stop bidding at $25. The closer the
final bids
come to $25, the greater the chance I will stop bidding on the VCD. So
far, I've
won 3 VCDs like this, and it works out great for my budget. Funny thing
is, I
won my F-91 VCD because the official winner was some jerk/idiot who
jumped his bid in at the very last minute, not realizing what he was
bidding
on. You can imagine my surprise when the seller wrote me up asking if I
would
be willing to take the VCD for the winning bid, but without any shipping.
Can you say that I jumped?

--
Linwood Foster,   The_Sentinel@Gundam.Com
3 of 10, Rec.Games.Mecha Moderation Team

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.