BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 03:34:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/1999 3:00:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, gundam@loop.com
writes:

> Because they used UPS on all orders to the US. NO CHOICE FOR CUSTOMERS,
> PERIOD.

They also say all U.S. orders are shipped by UPS. I have no problem with
that. I have never had any problems with UPS. Just wondering, but have you
had problems with UPS before? I prefer UPS, because my mail man is changed
often, and they are not very reliable.

> >That sounds
> >like HLJ screwed up on the shipping. I used the Currency Converter and
that'
> >about $9 shipping for an about $5 book, it sounds like HLJ screwed up big
> >time! I was only charged about $6 shipping for a 1/144 Turn A kit and 8
> >Gundam Markers.
>
> Keep in mind the magazine is thick and should be heavier than your order.
> I was charged 940 yen for 3 SD Gundam kits, and they are nowhere close to
> half the weight of a copy of Dengeki Hobby.

I take back what I said about shipping. Shipping can cost more then the item
if the item or items cost less then the shipping itself. I forgot about that.
The reason I said that about HLJ's shipping, is, because they are supposed to
charge actual shipping.

> >I've noticed mail ordering's better to do, when you have more
> >then two items to order.
>
> That's not entirely true. It's only worth your while if your local dealer
> prices their items on X times Japanese price. If all they do is slap on a
> fixed "handling fee" despite the item's price, it is usually cheaper to
> buy locally than to buy from HLJ. Placing a big order will only save you
> money if they are expensive -- if you are ordering a bunch of SD Gundams,
> you will get screwed compared to ordering a couple MG or PG kits.

Right, it depends on the item(s) and what each person's needs are. But, your
technically not screwed on shipping if small items cost less then shipping,
and if a person is aware of this.

Aaron