Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 05:47:24 +0800

>>All that coolant will act as a very effective radiation shield. The outer
>>armor will still become quite hot, radioactively speaking, and will need
>>replacement, but the actual Mobile Suit itself will be untouched. And the
>>electronics and pilot should survive fine.
>>SJ
>Maybe the shield is a BIG MAGNET. A electromagnet powered by its own
>generator and that maybe why it needs the coolent. You know how well the
>magnetic field deflects radiation... And that heavy armors on the MS maybe
>electromagnetic field-proof (maybe some substance that will not let them
>pass) so that internal electronics will stay intact... Interesting stuff. I
>just like how it looks, still.

        That's a good point, the shield itself could conceivably be able to
generate a magnetic field to deflect particles...and the heavy armor of the
MS would be just to deflect heat and some blast damage...a shield that size
could have a very large field. An extension of the idea is if it actually
harnesses Minovsky particles in a magnetic field to create a "passive
field" just enough to deflect radiation and heat from the gp02a.
Hmmm...and that would explain Gato's need to retreat when the shield gets
damaged.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter