BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 00:41:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/1999 12:20:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
j_jao@yahoo.com writes:

> ok.. so where do u place the 'first grade' kits?
>
> PG - FG - MG - HG? or between MG and HG?

For me, I'd say the quality goes like this PG, then MG, then HG, then FG.
But, MGs and HGs quality can very. From the review post on this ML, I'd say
the FG Gundam is a good kit, but since its all in white, and I think it has
no polycaps, means its not even HG. HGs are usually molded in mostly the
correct colors and need a minmal of paint, MGs are even better requireing
almost zero paint, but all Gundam kits look better with a good paint job,
also some MGs and HGs, are more sturdy then others. If you can paint good, or
feel like a painting challenges if your a beginner, it would be great.
Basically, IMHO, the FG Gundam should be a good kit, but it does require a
total paint job to look good, which is a bad point in my book, but other then
that the FG should be a good kit, even without polycaps, but the FG seems to
be dated compared to current or any HG kit in the paint area, but the FGs
joints are better then some HG kits, based on what I've heard.

Aaron