Ray Hashman (megaman@infinet.com)
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:36:24 -0400

> People here are not against Gundam Wing per se, only the apparent
> assumption that Gundam Wing is the be-all and end-all of Gundam.

Can't happen as long as new series are being done. ^_^

> Gundam Wing is a relatively small percentage of All That's Gundam and a
> Johnny-Come-Lately part of the saga at that. The Universal Century
> timeline tends to rule here, because there's so much of it and, in fact,
> was the whole of it until just a few years ago.
>
> We do not ask that you forego or foresake Gundam Wing, only that you put
it
> in some perspective and proper place in the scheme of things Gundam.
> Believe it or not, we had the same problem with Gundam 0083 -- people came
> on the list with no knowledge of the original Gundam series, the movie
> trilogy, Gundam 0080 and the Z Gundam series and were dismayed that the
> regulars didn't embrace 0083 as the pinnacle of Gundam animation, seeing
it
> instead as a rather shaky bridge between two classic TV series, all of
> which had something called Newtypes in them.

I know most of the details about Newtypes and their abilities/curses. I
enjoyed Stardust Memories anyway. It's not the specific type of characters,
but the way everything is done for teh story that matters to me, not that it
has a Newtype. (Now if they had no mecha, that wouldn't be Gundam to me.
^_^)

> Welcome to the wonderful world of minorities. With time and study, you
can
> eventually earn your citizenship and vote, but until then we ask that you
> just be grateful that we allow you to live here in the Land of
Opportunity.
> (0.o);;

Thanks. If I can help in any way (I mean anyone!) let me know. I'm into
animation in general, not just one show. Gundam has struck me for it's
story and details, not just premise. That's why I've made arrangements to
get Turn A as it's running. I just find Turn A very interesting as they are
doing what some of the other Alternate runs could have, and doing it nicely.
(Don't want to give spoilers without asking forst.)

> As for cooing over the G Boy of your choice, I see no significant
> difference between that and mooning over any of a large number of Gundam
> Babes, a vice that has gotten a boost of late with the likes of Carol
> Youngfan in the Gundam The Battle Master video game. We've had folks
> sighing and dying for everyone from Quess Paraya to Cima Garahau, so I see
> no reason why the female contingent (who gave a boost to the first Gundam
> with their reaction to Char and Garma, among others) should be denied
equal
> time.

Bingo. Why shoudl they not enjoy seeing their favorite men when several of
us enjoy seeing our favorite lady on screen.