-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:10:54 -0700

At 20:04 7/31/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>The picture sure looks like a model kit, doesn't it? I like the robots
>desgins a lot. Was Waygar related to Gundam in anyway? I also figured if it
>was a real kit, we would have heard about it by now.

Well, it appears to have a backstory similar to G Gundam, only with racing
instead of prize-fighting, but other than that the only relationship is the
Mobile Racer basic design and the fact that it appeared in Hobby Japan
magazines.

Maybe they hoped to do a computer video game or maybe this was a failed
proposal for an anime series or maybe it started out as self-parody. We'll
never know, as Comic Japan published only the one issue and I've never been
able to find a copy.

Mark, you got your ears on?

-Z-