Mark Kuettner (mkuett@hotmail.com)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:47:40 PDT

> >Me hopes that the Zeta-era MS will be the future focus of the MS line
> >for the next few years, just as the 1YW MS have been the focus for
>the
> >past few years, with a few exceptions. I'm not holding my breath
>since
> >the majority of the Z MS have very little recycling possibilities be-
> >yond the 100-Shiki and the Rick-Dias. The beautiful designs for the
> >mecha that came from the Zeta series would look GREAT in 1/100 MG
> >glory, though.
> >

>I've always preferred the OYW MSes, especially the Zeon MSes. Very
>simple and functional military designs. MS like ZakuII always reminds
>me of an infantry grunt.
>
>Zeta era MS seems too flashy and super robot-like. Good example is
>the 100-Shiki. Who in the right frame of mind would want to pilot a
>golden coloured machine to battle? It's like an invitation for the
>enemy to spot and shoot you down. On the same note, red isn't such a
>great colour for a war machine as well. Maybe it's just Char ...
>

>Jorge Lee.

I see your point. The Zaku design looks its age, to me, so the variations of
the design never appealed to me. The only Zaku designs
I found interesting were the reincarnated Zaku in other series, such
as the Den a Zon from F91 and the Zoloat from V Gundam.

Zeta had a wider scope in it's designs than the 1YW MS. The more ima-
ginative and dynamics designs were great and sort of seperated the
pilot's personality more from the rest of the cast. I can't make the
super-robot connection because the Z MS looked more functional than
any of the super-robot mecha, which tend to have a more simplistic
approach to design.

Mark Kai