Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tabby <tabby@psn.net> wrote:

>> Perhaps, but now that you've mentioned and I
>> startedto wonder: Dreissen (from ZZ) is the final
>> line of the Dom series, yet it still needed a Dodai

>> for Earth-bound travel like other MS. By comparing
>> Dreissen with Kampfer side-by-side (i know that's
>> unfair), it's thruster outputs is obviously
>> superior, but this "Dom-hovering / Dreissen with a
>> Dodai" thing still troubling me... maybe it just a
>> TV gimmick...
>
> I have to admit, I get confused when it comes to the
> distinctions bewtwen the Dom/Rick-Dom/Dom-Tropen,
but > isn't one of them supposed to have more powerful
leg
> thrusters just for things like hovering?

Dom & Dom-Tropen sure do

> Since not all of the Dom were built to hover, it's
> not really a surprise that the Dreissen couldn't,
> especially since the Neo-Zeons focused on
> space-combat designs(that's why they recycled old
MS
> for the battles on Earth).

my thinking was: if the Neo-Zeon come up w/ Dreissen,
then they must have known something about Dom's
hovering ability. Kapool is developed from Gog and
Hygog (and at least it works well in water for a
amphibious MS made by spacenoids!). Anyway, that means
most of the space MS should be pre-adjusted to do any
kind of flying under Earth atmosphere...

- Nightingale -