Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:53:15 +0800

>For that matter, most of the 0080 designs look somewhat overdesigned for
>the era...

        I think perhaps that that had something to do with the fact that we were
looking at a special forces squad, not really general grunts...maybe that
means they had access to more goodies?

>Remember that 0080 takes place entirely inside or near a colony, except
>for the opening sequence and the scenes at Grenada. It's possible that
>the gravity is slightly lighter, allowing the Zaku to hover. However,
>if you look at the specs on the FZ, it has a significantly higher level
>of thrust as well... It's entirely possible that the FZ and the 0083
>Zaku FII, being late 1YW designs, were upgraded to be able to do this...

        Yes, it would be a definie advantage in combat to be able to come up with
lightning quick moves. But it would also mean having special training to
pull it off...

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter