Chris Beilby (cbeilby@home.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:30:43 -0700

Richie Ramos wrote:

> >>2) Is it just me or does the Kampfer looks like a patlabor mecha,
> >>namely the Helldiver?
> >It is reminiscent of the Helldiver. It's almost over-designed compared to
> >other OYW Zion MS.
>
> That's true, yah know, the Kampfer really does look patlaborish, but heck,
> no patlabor had that much firepower.

For that matter, most of the 0080 designs look somewhat overdesigned for
the era...

<snip>

> >>4) Does Zaku have the capability to hover like a Dom Troupe? Bernie's
> >>FZ did in its' battle with Alex. I remember seeing the Africa Corp
> >>Zaku in 0083 as well the 08MST Zaku doing the hovering thing as well.
> >It most likely has rockets in the soles of the feet, which could be used to
> >assist in things like sliding down hills. Hovering may be out of the
> >question, though.
> So it may be used for quick slide-in attacks, but it's not like the > Doms,
> which seem to rollerskate into combat....

Remember that 0080 takes place entirely inside or near a colony, except
for the opening sequence and the scenes at Grenada. It's possible that
the gravity is slightly lighter, allowing the Zaku to hover. However,
if you look at the specs on the FZ, it has a significantly higher level
of thrust as well... It's entirely possible that the FZ and the 0083
Zaku FII, being late 1YW designs, were upgraded to be able to do this...

> >>5) I like the show for having no NewType elements. I always felt that
> >>NTs were like superhuman heroes that could always get out of a
> >>impossilbe situation just because they were NTs.
> >>Jorge Lee.
> >Gotta love straight, one-on-one MS combat!
> >tby
>
> IMHO, it should be like that more than not...there are only so many
> newtypes, yah know, and I firmly believe a new type can be taken down by a
> good strategist/tactician heading a very disciplined squad of MS's.
>
> "Magic is the hand of faith..."

Hince, in GundamMUSH, Newtypes are going to be extremely rare...

--
Christopher Beilby

Gundam_Wiz of Gundam MUSH (gundam.jafa.net port 9999)