Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:24:41 +0100

In message <3.0.3.32.19990728213018.006c1be4@i-manila.com.ph>, Richie
Ramos <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph> writes
>>This is actually another Gatling package, different
>>from the 'Gatling shield' and with smaller calibre
>>(35mm) but it's still very powerful, as shown in
>>episode 10 of the "08MST" OVA.
>
>Hmmm..That gives me some ideas on how to make it extreme. I think I have a
>few long barrel gatlings left in my spares box.

(snip)
>>The illustration clearly depicts each of the big
>>'barrel' consists of a 6-barrel 35-mm Gatling gun. So
>>you can think of each barrel is a direct scaled-down
>>version of that awesome 75-mm shield-mounted Gatling.
>>Now triple that firepower, no wonder this small
>>3-barrel package can destroy a Guntank (near the very
>>end of the episode) in the OVA.
>>Nightingale
>
> Uhm, I'm not a weapons expert, so I have to ask...is a triple 35mm
>gatling
>system really that deadly?

        Depends what you're firing at. The A-10 Thunderbolt II carries a
7 barrel 30mm gun that fires rounds the size of milk bottles, and which
can have a devastating effect on tanks. However, the A-10 mainly aims
foe the rear or top armour of a tank, which is usually much thinner. The
Gouf would certainly be very deadly against lightly armoured vehicles,
but its effect on a Gundam, which in the original series, is shown
deflecting 120mm rounds, would be doubtful... Cima in 0083 had trouble
trying to destroy a Gundam with her triple barrel 110 mm MGs...

(snip)

Everyones ones a noble mind; | |
Believing in a sign of Zeta, | |
Beyond the hard times from now! | |