Khyron476@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 02:20:35 EDT

Not sure if anyone here remembers this but, a few months ago I posted a
proposed outline for a tabletop game. Regardless, it never got much farther
past this early stage. But, I've decided to get back to work on it, and so
once again I'm asking for the members of this list to give me their opinions
on something....

The Scale
Mark Simmons suggested a scale with units of Mobile Suits, 3 Zaku, 3 Dom,
etc. This would be nice, and make for larger, more 'epic' battles, but it
woudl take a different system to make it work. I was thinking of each mobile
suit in the unit having it's own damage chart, and rolling randomly when a
unti attacks to see which MS in the defending units get hit. Something like
Heavy Gear's infantry system, so x amount of damage would be inflicted to a
unit, the player rolls randomly and decides that MS A is attacked. The
problem is that MS A can only take y damage, so the remaining damage (z) is
inlicted to MS B. Hope that wasn't too complicated. :/ What do you guys think?

That's it for now, I'll be posting updates/summaries/rules bits whenever I
complete them.

Thanks,
Khyro