Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:34:31 +0800

>> I still love Mazinger Z precisely because it was so cheesy, LOL!
>Yeah, it's huge in Japan and here now, because people are mature enough to
>realize how cool the oldie but goodie is.
>Eddie

        Well, it did start a particular genre. However, for me, I also think of
Gundam at the same level, because it was a revaluation of what a Japanese
Robot was. From something God-like, it became utilitarian...That's why I
was mystified by the appearance of G Gundam and GW/EW, which are throw
backs to the God-like Robots.