Garrick Lee (dum_dee_doo@hotmail.com)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:50:54 PHT

model kit questions:

ok...i just finished up the endless waltz version of the gundam nataku, and
i'm staring at it, going "doh!" (another g-wing related topic, hehe, can't
help it, wing kits are the most available right now :P)

my gripe is...what kind of a redesign is this? this new kit's dragon fangs
are even more unfeasible than the tv-series' dragon fangs -- which weren't
cumbersome at all. the new dragon fang is...bigger than the gundam's upper
body! and it's carried on anorexic arms? in my opinion, the only g-wing
gundam that benefitted from the EW redesign was the heavyarms. i'm not sure
i like the EW deatscythe, and i definitely don't like the EW nataku. the EW
sandrock looks the same to me. the tallgeese is...uhm...well, i hate the
way the boosters are mounted on the shoulder/pauldrons/verniers (how does it
move it's arms without changing velocities in flight?) i definitely don't
like the idea of weapons molded into the hands.

also, i keep reading about hajime katoki's redesigns which lose the "gaudy
toy image" of some original designs. what exactly does "gaudy toy image"
mean? what do you people consider to be toy-ish, and what is not? this is
one phrase i just don't get.

-ddd