Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:12:57 -0700

MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/21/99 10:59:50 PM Central Daylight Time, Z@Gundam.Com
> writes:
>
> << The three series were Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Super Dimensional
> Cavalry Southern Cross and Super Dimensional Century Orguss. They were all
> three originally intended to be included in the Robotech series, but
> Tatsunoko raised the price of Orguss at the last minute and so we got
> Genesis Climber Mospeada instead.
> >>
> My question is this:
>
> Was there any continuity between these series in their original Japanese
> incarnation? I mean I know that the main character from Orguss had a fling
> with Minmei, but how did Southern Cross fit?
>
> Jason

As far as I have ever heard, the three shows had no continuity
whatsoever, until Macek came up with Robotech. The cameos of Minmay,
Shammie, and Misa (in the nude, no less!) were little more than anime in
jokes. Southern Cross did the same sort of thing with a number of
Tatsunoko characters from past series.

--
Christopher Beilby

Gundam_Wiz of Gundam MUSH (gundam.jafa.net port 9999)