Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:56:42 -0700

Jerome Adecer Jao wrote:

> i just got one of those 'model academy' gundam clone kits from korea.
> it was for the AWACS zaku (the kind that looked like an ALIEN queen).
> it was TERRIBLE! i couldn't even get the thing to stand with that big
> radar dish on the back of it's head.. has anyone else built the AWACS
> zaku? what's the lowdown on these 'model academy' kits?

Most of us advanced modelers generally avoid the Korean knockoffs as
anything other than parts for kitbashes. Generally, the quality in
these korean kits is terrible. Personally I avoid them except when
looking for parts to Kitbash or if it's a knockoff of a kit that is
impossible to find anymore.

--
Christopher Beilby

Gundam_Wiz of Gundam MUSH (gundam.jafa.net port 9999)