Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:09:49 +0800

>Actually, I always thought that cockpit placement in the earlier Gundam
shows
>were intended to replicate the Tan Tien of the Mobile Suit. Later shows
>placed the cockpit in the chest, something I though had better replicated
the
>western concept of Heart and Soul, but being a westerner myself, I could be
>biased on this. With the head cockpits seen in MSs like the Gelgoog and
>Sazabi, I always get the feeling that these Mecha were more intellectual,
and
>therefore "superior" to the more "common" MS designs.

        One of the other mails talked about center of gravity...well, that was
what the Chi point was also --- the center of balance. makes perfect
sense, too, if you think about it.

>Then there's the whole Five Elements thing seen in Wing, or as I like to
>think sometimes, Wu-Hsing Gundam.
>SJ

Please expound -- I'd liker to hear that one.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919