BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:15:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/1999 4:00:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
msn04ii_nightingale@yahoo.com writes:

> --- Crnbdr46@aol.com wrote:
>
> > oh come on you all act like being childish or just
> > goofing around is bad or punishable by law
>
> Excuse me, this is a serious mailing list, whatever
> the subject it covers. As you may coveniently forget,
> the average amt. of msg we receive is approx. 50+ per
> day. Now, don't get me wrong, I respect everyone's
> right to express his/her opinions on Gundam, but let's
> be honest, how do YOU feel when you receive a boat
> load of msgs full of "Turn-A sucks", "I hate Turn-A",
> or whatever slogans without giving any reason to prove
> or support such idea? Do YOU want to know how I, or
> many other GML subscribers feel? Well let me tell you,
> I read every single msg on this ML, and I am not
> please at all to see these kind of careless,
> illogical, groundless, irresponsible behaviour
> repeating day after day.
>
> > i mean we were all shildren at one time and
> sometimes > its fun to be a gouf no pun intended i
> mean my
> > girlfriend likes its when im goofy why doesnt anyone
> > act goofy anymore or childish if we all wantes to be
>
> > serious all the time we would end up like our
> parents
> > and stuff like that is not cool . i mean my parents
> > diss me for liking gundam didnt any of you receive
> > percicution for you likes and beleifs .
>
> This has nothing to do with parenthood, but rather a
> question of growing up and being responsible in life.
> This ML is subscribed by a wide spectrum of ppl from
> all walks of life, some are teens, some are grad
> students from colleges, some are married, having
> families to take care of while still faithful to
> Gundam after all these years. We all get goofy at
> times, but as we become mature we consider other ppl
> feelings, and many of us get goofy w/o giving other
> ppls hell.
>
> Selfish goofiness will get you dissed by your parents
> when you are young, but selfifsh goofiness may get you
> face the police or the court if you are a grown human
> being.

Very nice points. You put into words what I was thinking and trying to find
words for. People have had disargeements on this ML before, but nothing like
that person as far as I can remember. There have been some very heated
discussions on this ML, but everyone cooled down eventually and started
getting along again. "Turn A Sucks" has been done to death by now. What he
said didn't need to be said in an rude, immature manner. We all know that
some hate the Turn A, some llike it, and some are indifferent to it. Its not
that I mind his dislike of the Turn A, it was the manner in which he said it.
Instead of saying Turn A Sucks, he should have said something like: I dislike
the Turn A because of reason 1, 2, 3, and so on.

Aaron