Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:49:35 -0700

MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/19/99 6:52:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
> msn04ii_nightingale@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<
> '0079' TV series is a must watch (boy how many times
> have I said that?), and I am damn sure you will prefer
> the TV series over the 6-hour movies once you have
> watched it. >>
> I'd have to agree since when series get chopped down to movies they cut out a
> lot of character development scenes. Many years ago I bought the Robotech
> Macross 6 tape set (ducks narrowly missing rotten tomatoes) and a lot of the
> humorous/character development moments were gone. That really sucked the
> life out of the whole thing. Then to imagine it being compressed into 3
> movies makes it seem even worse. Where am I going with this you ask? Well
> my point is that the TV series will open up the characters in ways we've
> never imagined. Imagine actually getting to give a crap about Sleggar Rowe
> before he get's wasted. OR to actually see how formidable the Black Trinary
> really was ( from what I've heard they had a significant amount of screen
> time cut for the movie).
>
> Well either way it also gives them time to improve their translation
> techniques for Zeta.
>
> Jason

Exactally. The series has a lot more in it than the movies. (as anyone
with the Gundam Rapport Deluxe book knows). Also, one other good
thing...

THE SILLY MOBILE ARMOR OF THE WEEK!!!

That's right, boys and girls. See the return of the Zacrello, or the
Bra Bow...

--
Christopher Beilby

Gundam_Wiz of Gundam MUSH (gundam.jafa.net port 9999)