Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:43:32 +0800

>dude for those who were not paying attention turn a is disgrace because of
>the appearance it shows no relation to the gundam it looks like a damn roach

        Is Gundam just defiend by the mobile suit? I kindsa thought that Gundam
was the story, the setting, etc. And why another thread on how bad the
TurnA is? it may look different from the other Gundam Mobile Suits we've
come to know so well, but think on this: Does the Zeta look anything like
the Rx-78? NO! The Zeta was an insect-like , iffeminate-looking LADYlike
MS compared to the RX-78, and yet everyone has grown to like it. hell, I
love the design.
        When I first saw teh TurnA, I hated it too. But, when I read up on what
was happening in the story, and when I actually hot myself a Model Kit of
the thing, I realized that the design was not so much as bad as it was
DIFFERENT. Yes, it doesn't look like a GUNDAM, whatever that may mean,
since there is a lot of leeway on wat a gundam looks like; but it is
TOMINO's decision, so it is now effectively Gundam, no matter what we say
about it.
        Grow up. Gundam is not dead because of the TurnA. Some reports in Japan
even say that the appearance of the TurnA actually got some of their
regular designers to think twice about what has been a downward curve in
terms of MS design. If anything, the Turn A is encouraging them to think
in new ways about how Gundam should be. Is that being Dead?
        Gundam Turn A is not just the Mobile suit. so live with it.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919