MS06ZAK@aol.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:23:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/99 2:15:55 AM Central Daylight Time, gundam@loop.com
writes:

<< Having recieved and built my MG Dom, I have to say that it was definately
>worth the wait.the head actually moves as does the skirt which I was kinda
>worried about.

 Is it the skirt or the waist that moves? There's a ball joint joining the
 upper and lower torso together, how much room do you have to move?

actually both do. The skirt moves, on the front (unfortunately the sides and
back are rather rigid, but they are so wide that they don't impair movement
at all) and the torso is pretty flexible too without exposing anything like
the GP-02A connection to the lower torso. The more and more I look at it, I
really do think it is one of the best yet.

>I think the engineering is the best yet on any of the MG
>models.

 I dunno about that - it's not engineered like the MG Gelgoog, where the lines
 are mostly hidden.

Actually the lines are hidden really good over all. The only lines on the
kits are on the shoulders, the shoulder "armor", on the sides of the upper
torso, and on the back of the calves like the Gelgoog. But really I think
the remainder surpasses the Gelgoog.

>And the weapons assortment is awesome. The only realy problem that
>I can find is the over all size of the robot. I mean I expected it to be a
>little bigger then the GP-02.

 So it wasn't, eh? I should have been more than a little bigger than the
GP-02
 though.

>I have the old 1/100 kit and it seems like it
>is bigger, though I haven't finished the old kit yet.

 If you compare the head, the MG's head is way smaller than the old kit's
 version.

>When I put it next to
>the Gelgoog, it just seems a little smaller then I was expecting it to be.

 The Gelgoog is supposed to be about the same size as the Dom, though. In
 the original TV series they were actually really fat. The MG kit made them
 look more streamlined.

>Oh yeah just so you are forewarned, the Model isn't Black and
>blue/grey/purple like in the pictures, it is black and purple. What I mean
>is is that it is REALLY purple, so the pictures are REALLY different then
the
>finished kit.

 Too bad. The MG MS-06R-1A is mostly molded in the right colors (black,
 purple, and light grey) and the weapons rock, too!

The Purple isn't bad, Actually I think it is closer to what a Dom should
be. I am just saying that don't expect it to look like all the pictures
without paint. I am leaving mine purple

 BTW... the MG Dom doesn't have a gear switch in the back of its head, right?
 So you have to open the face plate to move the monoeye?

No gear. You do have to remove the faceplate.

 Eddie