-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:38:31 -0700

At 20:05 7/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>> General rule of thumb: all crew facilities will be located amidships in the
>> Gravity Block and most of the working areas will be in the vicinity of the
>> bridge, the MS hangar and the engines.
>
>*nods* Logical layout. I've done up a Pegasus class, and that's
>basically how I set it up, although I had to put the Brig outside of the
>gravity block, as I assume that it's a carousel type centrifuge, ala
>2001, A Space Odyssey.

Yes, it's a drum about 60 to 70 meters (195 to 230 feet) in diameter on
Pegasus-class ships. On Argama-class ships, there are two cubical
structures that orbit the ship on extensible arms.

However, the few times we've seen a brig, the occupants of the cells and
everyone walking up and down the corridor behaved as if under normal gee.
On the other hand, the ship was travelling cross-country on Earth Amuro,
Sayla, Kozen, Kou, and Monsha were in lockup and I can't recall the
circumstances when Sara Zabiarov (Z) and Ciara Soon (ZZ) were help as POWs.

-Z-