Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:07:05 -0400

>There's the simple fact that the shield was build to take the brunt of
>nuclear blast, and the suit's own routine coolant system probably
couldn't
>handle the heatwave from such a blast(thus, the shield is not only
massive
>and thick, but has it's own "emergency" coolant system).

    But as we see in the first few eps, the shield cooling systems is
somehow not just
    for withstanding a nuclear blast and cooling in such case, but for
cooling of
    normal operation - ie Gato was forced to fly away. Also, how the
heck does it
    work, the only contact is through the hand, I dont think there's a
lock, like for the
    GP01's shield. I believe hands can bes used to generate heat (ie
Gouf sword),
    but using it to transfer all cooling?

    Neil Baumgardner