Access Denied (axis@best.com)
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This is something that been bothering me for a while... I used to know
what a Gundam is since I been a Gundam fan for over 12 years... I used to
think that a Gundam anime is a mecha show with 1) robot with v-shaped
antenna on it's head, 2) conflict between spacenoids and the earth people,
3) UC timeline, and 4) there's no good or evil, etc... I used to enjoy
Gundam, but I'm getting tire of all the alternative timeline Gundam. It's
like calling any space related movies Star Wars movie or another way of
making quick money. It's not that I don't enjoy the new shows, but it's
just doesn't have that original Gundam feeling to it. Maybe I'll enjoy it
a little more if they call it something else. For example: Turn-A Gundam
doesn't even look like a Gundam design. Anyway, how would you define what
Gundam is( the show, not the mecha)?

BTW, why isn't Bandai putting out more UC related Gundam? Do they have
copyright problem or something?

 axis