Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:21:50 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/99 12:26:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Alfred.Urrutia@disney.com writes:

> I know that, it was just that the implication of connecting jet shapes to
> coke bottles to Marilyn Monroe to feminine seeming jets seems a little too
> far fetched to me. Wind tunnel testing will determine the best shape and
> I notice that most jets have the sides taken in some but not in the Monroe
> proportions. The old WWII planes had a more graceful, curvy design to them
> but then they weren't supersonic.
>

> Alfred.

True, but many of the WWII planes were considered to be very feminine in
appearance. As to jet shapes to coke bottles to Marilyn Monroe to feminine
seeming jets argument, I just a design engineer referring to the coke-bottle
shape used in fighters as having originated with an early pinup of Monroe.
Just a little bit of history.

SJ