Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:28:23 +0800

>I don't know about mech designs that don't actually have to operate in the
>real world but I don't think a coke bottle shape is the ideal wind tunnel
>shape for getting the most out of a jet's performance and I'm sure style
>played nothing next to getting it to handle better or fly faster. I see
>nothing curvy or feminine in the F-4, that's for sure. Slight curves in
>the F-16 but it's mostly a dart. The F-14 and A-6 are far curvier.
>Alfred.

        I don't know if this holds water, but I saw a discovery channel
documentary where they explained the coke bottle shape...it had something
to do with the air passing over the wings, hence the pinched-off area of
the body was located where the wings were. The guy explaining it said it
had something to do with high speed stability.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919