Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 9, 1:47am, Richie Ramos wasted bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [gundam] [OT] Gundam Wing
> >The longer, thinner line structures are one feminine aspect, while graceful
> >curves are another. The Gerbera is quite feminine in its own way, as are the
> >Qubeley/cybele. Each has curved surfaces that blend the over all look of
> >their bodies. As to the Zeta, it has a very long, thin structure that is
> >reminiscent of international super models. Another way of looking at the
> idea
> >of feminine styled vehicles is the F-4 and the F-16. Both use a
> "coke-bottle"
> >shaped fuselage that is based on the Marilyn Monroe's famous figure. It's
> >this essential hourglass figure that defines these vehicles as being
> >"feminine."
> >In the end, it's up to the eye of the beholder.
> >SJ
>
> I think I see your point. Inrteresting observation there...I never
> thought of it that way.

I don't know about mech designs that don't actually have to operate in the
real world but I don't think a coke bottle shape is the ideal wind tunnel
shape for getting the most out of a jet's performance and I'm sure style
played nothing next to getting it to handle better or fly faster. I see
nothing curvy or feminine in the F-4, that's for sure. Slight curves in
the F-16 but it's mostly a dart. The F-14 and A-6 are far curvier.

Alfred.