-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 13:31:08 -0700

At 00:45 7/5/1999 -0400, you wrote:

>How about the MAN-03 Braubro? It had two wire guided single Mega-Cannon pods
>and two wire guided twin Mega-Cannon pods, all thought controlled by the
>Braubro's pilot. And since the Braubro is five generations older than the
>MAN-08 Elmeth, the first combat craft to use a psychommu system to control
>its twelve bits, one could say that the Braubro is the granddaddy of the
>all-range attack.

I don't think you can make a case for iterational, much less generational,
distinction between the MAN-03 Brawbro and the MAN-08 Elmeth, as they were
developed in parallel by different branches of the Zeon military. The
numbering reflects only the order in which the machines were accepted for
service, or possibly (as in the case of American fighter planes) the order
in which the contract for development of proof-of-concept prototype was
awarded.

The F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon are not a generation
apart and the F-18 Hornet is not two generations newer. There's no F-17
anything and there was never, to my knowledge, anything between the MAN-03
and MAN-08.

Of course, they haven't gotten 'round to assigning model numbers to the
Apsaras series in 08th MS Team. Still, with the dearth of Newtypes in that
series, it's move likely that the Apsaras line would sport an MA
designation, not MAN.

-Z-