Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 00:41:39 +0800

> Seriously, I've only seen a few episodes of Wing, out of order
>as well, so I can't really give a definite opinion. My initial
>impressions are, something like the mecha vary between interesting to
>"uh, no thanks". Some of the designs seem more like they jumped out of a
>US super hero comic, what with the squared off energy cannon barrels,
>etc. Character designs, I haven't seen enough to really get an
>impression of them. Story, well, I think I could put it like this:
>Gundam carried a fairly subtle message about the horrors of war and the
>way it affects people. Gundam Wing hits you with the same message over
>the head with a shovel. ^_^

        Actually, I liked Gundam Wing...it reminds me of a really good B-movie...i
just wish it had been more subtle about the anti-war thing. admittedly, it
also makes sure that fifteen yearolds will believe that they can actually
do all those things those maniacal pilots can do.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919