-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sun, 04 Jul 1999 16:04:39 -0700

At 20:23 7/3/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>In UC universe, remote control drone are usually pretty much useless
>due to the Minovsky Particle interferance. Newtype psycommu are the
>only effective way of doing wireless remote control, and even some
>still require wire connection to make effective control (Zeong of
>OYW). My question is this: there appear to be an effective method of
>remote guidance of drones via a system call InCom, which is a
>computer guided wired drone (aleast this shows up in Gundam
>Sentinel). Now is this weapon part of cannon? Does this system
>shows up in actual animation? And how does it stands up to Zeong's
>wire beam cannon?

The Incom ("Instant Communication") system was described in Keith Rhee's
now defunct Gundam Technology section as a "quasi-psychommu energy cap
weapon, basically a pod with a beam gun, pulse rockets, and a trailing wire
for controls." Quasi-psychommu was defined as "the normal man's psychommu
... a regular psychommu system sits and waits for brainwave messages from
the pilot. However, only powerful Newtypes have enough mental brainwave
strength for the system to register the thoughts. A quasi-psychommu
system, on the other hand, literally samples or "reads" your mind. Thanks
to high sampling rates, the sesponse to your thoughts is close to
real-time, approximating the performance of a true psychommu system. ...
Using wired drones called Incoms together with the quasi-psychommu system,
non-Newtypes can conduct limited forms of all-range attacks."

Insofar as I know, the Incom system appeared only in the fan-authored
Gundam Sentinel. In fact, I only know of three MS that used the Incom:
MSA-0011 Superior Gundam (3.8MW Incom), MSA-001(Ext) Ex-S Gundam (3.8MW
Incom), and ORX-013 Gundam Mark V (4.5MW Incom x 2). That's really only
two, since the Ex-S is just a beefed up S.

And, if memory serves, the Gundam Mk.V also holds the dubious distinction
of being the first Gundam to be stolen and used by the Bad Guys.

(The Gundam Mk.II was the first Gundam to be stolen and used by the Good Guys!)

-Z-