Fri, 02 Jul 1999 23:33:45 +0000

Newtype98@aol.com wrote:

> Can you tell the people on the Gundam Mailing List how Otakon was like? What
> was showing and what were some hot stuff that was being sold at Otakon that
> had everyone grabbing one? Can you tell us some details about the
> convention! Thanks!

    Uh, sure. Mind you I was only there for two hours or so before I had to head
    back so I could make it back home at a reasonable hour (I live near DC).
Also, I
    only made the dealer room for about twenty minutes. Dealer's room was fairly
    large, but didnt actually have any more dealers. Plenty of Gundam models
being
    sold, esp the MG kits. I did spot the 1/144 Gerbere Tetra and GP03 kits
though.
    I picked up the former and plan to pick up the latter tomorrow. AnimeVillage
has
    a booth but I didnt see anything new there. That's about it for the dealer's
room,
    maybe I'll catch more tomorrow. Other than that, uh, plenty of people and
guests.
    That's about it, again, sorry I wasnt there long.

    Neil Baumgardner