Jae Yang (gundamfrx87@email.msn.com)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:46:52 -0400

>I think the usual posters have all talked themselves out on Turn-A. There
>was a lot a talk- (mostly negative) when the first pics of Turn-A showed
>up. Also, most people haven't seen turn-A yet, so there is not much to say.
>At least that's my case. I was put off at first by the Syd Mead mech
>design, but now they've grown on me. I even put up the turn-A poster that
>came with the july newtype magazine. I eagerly await a chance to see
>Turn-A, but until then, I've kept my mouth shut.

Ok, we all know that this recent installment of Gundam will not hit the
store shelves anytie soon, much less I've seen any fan subbing done so far.
So, you will just not discuss it at all just because it is not out to be
seen? Well, there's mech designs, cahracter designs, and even episode
summaries out in one of site I've been to. They had complete story upto very
recent episode, if you want to know where it is, feel free to ask me. Come
on! Let's be bold and try to talk about it! :)

>even so, I'll through some comments out. The earth society resembles mostly
>early 1920's europe. At least that's where I'd put the airplane, automobile
>and zepplin technology. Apparently, the people practice a pagan religion.
>(an alternate europe where christianity never took off, intriguing.) So, I
>like the earth setting, the costumes, planes, etc. However the idea of
>digging up complete working mobile suits seems farfetched.

Well, I hope director and story writer has something there for us.
Maybe having many MS's there means there is Base underneath, and I have seen
in one of the episode (atleast the summary) that There in fact is base
underneath the Mountain where they keep digging up the MS's and Loran's
Gundam had been down there to get weapon.

>The earth militacould have stolen, bought, traded, or otherwise gotten MS
from the >moonrace some other way.

Well, they do capture some MS's from Moon race with Gundam. Trading, most
unlikely (What are they going to trade with?) and 'bought' is definetely
not. There is nothing that Earth people can give Moon Race (except for land
yeah but even that won't convince them to give up their MS's) that would let
Moon Race give up some of their valuable tool for invasion or card of
negotiation. What are they going to do? Give earth money which moonrace can
do nothing with?

>I like the idea of having MS of very different sizes,
>and I don't think they look like martian war machines. They fit in well
>with the crazier gundam MS such as the Bound Doc.
>
>-James

I Agree.