Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- jorgelee <jorgelee@goplay.com> wrote:

> Seems kind of silly to me that AE had to use data
> from mkII to produce Zeta Gundam given that they had

> produced at least 3 gundams in 0083. Why no gundams
> for AEUG at the start of Z? I suppose that it's a
> continuity problem that the producers of 0083 >
overlooked.

At the end of the 0083 OVA, we withness the Fed's
conspirators had wiped out all details of the Gundam
Development Projects and of course their association
with AE. The death of the scheming O'Sullivan (the
executive director of AE) guarantees the GP projects
were swept under the carpet for all concerned.

> Another thing which I've noticed is that the design
> of a gundam is not exclusive to just one company
like
> AE. It seems like anybody can produce a prototype MS

> with V fin, humanoid face, bean rifle, bean sable,
> colour it red, blue, white and yellow, and slap the
> label "Gundam" on it. Does copyrights exist in
> U.C.??? Or am I wrong?

Apparently this is not a concern forstory writers. The
1st RX-78 Gundam was developed by the Federal Forces
in UC 0079 as the product of the Operation V to
counter Zeon's mobile suits, and the subsequent
development of Gundams, from the Feds to AE to Titans
to League Militaire all thru the UC timeline, all bear
the similar design. The copyright issue never seems to
raise in Gundam series, as there are too many issues
the Gundam writers want to talk about.

===
Colin Liu.