Hoi Fai Leung (chmikeangel@hotmail.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:57:55 EDT

I got my multi format VCR for 100 ($160?)...which is REALLY not that
much...it does the job, and is easily one of my most frequently used
appliances...
And yep, it did take me a while to save up for that...i only get 20 a week
as i'm still in full time ed.
One more thing...hobby link japan have got a GP-04 (which looks very
tasty)...was that in 0083? i can't remember seeing it...although admittedly,
i didn't pay much attention to it...they're pooooor quality fansubs, and i
bought the entire Evangelion series with them...
Any ideas if Bandai will release a 1/100 MG version of the 04..(or have they
already)? i hope so...03 would be nice too.
Admittedly, I've only ever bought 3 models...(ever)...my 1/100 HG Gundam
Wing ones...i'm REALLY pleased with the results, so i'm going to try a MG
kit (probably the 0083 GP-03)...does anyone think this may be a bad
idea...given my current level of experience?

Thanks guys...
~Dave

To Dave's question about GP-04:

Actually, GP-04 does not appear in 0083 at all. I have seen the movie
vision of 0083 only, but at the end of the movie, there is a note that says
something like "the GP project is being cut off." That is where the GP-04
comes in. Although GP-04 is designed, it has never been produced. That's
why you do not see it in the movie (and in the OVAs, of course).

I don't know whether or not this is an official statement, but I heard
people say that GP-04 is actually desigened to be a bridge between 0083 and
Z (mechanically). Because G-Force (the BIG machine GP-03 sits in) looks a
lot different than MKII in Z (I hope that with the Z Gundam around in Z, you
still remember what is MKII), that's why GP-04 is designed to connect the
0083 series and Z. If you pay a little more attentation, you will discover
that the two does look alike very much. Of course, GP-04 looks a lot more
modernly designed.

Hoi