Chaos025@aol.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 19:57:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/99 5:48:13 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
skeizer@juno.com writes:

> How does one use pastels on a finished paint job? (I read somewhere you
> can use it to simulate weathering or other effects.) I assume you just
> grind it up and smear it on, yeah? (Or maybe sprinkle it on and try to
> melt it with a lamp?) I don't know. =) Any suggestions? I want that old
> beat-up look and blast marks would look nice, I think.

The easiest way is to grind the pastel into a fine powder and apply it with a
foam dry brush (one the brushes that has a rounded foam tip instead of
brissles). Apply the powder very lightly until you get the feel of how much
and how evenly you should apply it. If you apply too much, use tissue paper
to remove to trouble spots. Then apply your sealer.

> Oh, and I also picked up a 1/44 0080 RGM-79G yesterday. (Someone stole
> the Kampfer I was planning on buying along with it - was going to try to
> beef up the GM's weaponry - I can never win.) It's not a bad little kit.
> I especially like how they just molded the different colour tops of the
> hands, instead of leaving it to stupid stickers like the F90. Foot
> movement is weird (they can point toes-down but not move much higher than
> horizontal). I might use some epoxy to try and give it a little chest
> padding; I've always loved how that looks on a labor.

Sounds cool. Good luch with your modeling ideas!

SJ