Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:31:50 -0700

>> The other idea is a little more involved, and
>> involves getting my hands on a Zaku-1 (the Master
>> Grade would be nice, but the regular 1/100 would
>do).
>
>skip the ungraded 1:100 old kits, they are terrible.
>
>> The idea is to turn it into a "Desert Sniper"
>> version, with modifications to the joints and rocket
>> pack for desert conditions, wider feet, & desert
>> camo.
>
>You'll need to add a pair air-cushions for the feet
>(similar to 0083's Dom Tropen), or a pair jet skis
>(like ZZ/MSV's Desert Zaku) so it can hover around on
>the sand.

I like the idea of the air-cushions, but I may just use the skis to make it
look more jerry-rigged.. I've also considered the idea of replacing the
rocket pack althogether with a bulkier set of jet engines.

>> Most important, however, would be the weaponry. I'd
>> include the Heat-Hawk and(ideally)the punch-shield,
>> but the particular fearture of the kit-bash would be
>
>> a Beam Gun, ideally one of the old Gelgoog guns with
>> the stock replaced by a cable hook-up. The idea is
>> that while it wouldn't be practical to improve the
>> generator output on the obsolete Zaku-I, it could
>> certainly drag a cable from a transport's power
>> supply (this is a BLATANT rip-off of the recent
>Hobby
>> Japan GM Sniper).

The sniper rifle's not a bad idea, and I'm perfectly happy to build the
rifle from scratch if necessary. I just prefer the Gelgoog gun to maintain
the older styling of the OYW mecha.

>Beef up the backpack so the MS looks like it has
>powerful generator. As for the beam gun, you can try
>bashing it w/ a WWII style sniper rifle. That's what
>the mecha designers of 0080 originally intended for GM
>Sniper II, but never materialized.

I'm more interested in mounting jets on the back than using it to show any
upgrades. I want to stick as much as possible to the idea of using an
obsolete MS to carry around a more advanced, remote-powered beam gun.

tabby