Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:01:52 -0700

Anymore good
>kit-bash ideas?

I don't know if you'd call them good...

Before I joined the list I paid very little attention to the Zaku-I. In
point of fact, I didn't *realize* that the Zaku I'd always taken for
granted was actually the Zaku-II, every time I'd seen the Zaku-I it had
been labeled the "Protoype Zaku".

Anyway. I've got two ideas for Zaku-I kit bashes. The first is simply
mounting the Zaku-I torso instead of the Zaku-II on the Zaku Tank(after
all, it's the Zaku-I that became obsolete during the OYW).

The other idea is a little more involved, and involves getting my hands on
a Zaku-1(the Master Grade would be nice, but the regular 1/100 would do).
The idea is to turn it into a "Desert Sniper" version, with modifications
to the joints and rocket pack for desert conditions, wider feet, & desert
camo. Most important, however, would be the weaponry. I'd include the
Heat-Hawk and(ideally)the punch-shield, but the particular fearture of the
kit-bash would be a Beam Gun, ideally one of the old Gelgoog guns with the
stock replaced by a cable hook-up. The idea is that while it wouldn't be
practical to improve the generator output on the obsolete Zaku-I, it could
certainly drag a cable from a transport's power supply(this is a BLATANT
rip-off of the recent Hobby Japan GM Sniper).

Those are the only kit-bashes I have in mind right not.

tabby.