Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:42:17 -0700

>>The only place a design is "official" is when it's being animated.
>
>Hmm... I think the moment a design ends up in the Gundam Encyclopedia
>it's official enough.

I've got it, but I'm not sure it's any more canonical than the many Gundam
books to come before it. I've seen numerous variation in books for Gundam,
Z Gundam, and ZZ Gundam, many of which were neither animated nor marketed
as models. And the MS Encyclopedia itself containg the "M-MSV Kunio
Ohkawara Collection" which isn't related to any of the "official" Gundam
media(Anime, Games, or Sunrise-sanctioned novels & manga). As I said, it's
not really official until it's animated(until then, Sunrise/Bandai can and
*will* change thier minds about previously released material)..

tabby