Dom Tetreault (skeizer@juno.com)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:56:58 -0400

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:32:07 EDT Chaos025@aol.com writes:

> Conversions in modeling refer to creating a new or different model
> out of
> another model. A good example is when someone takes a Master Grade
> RGM-79 and
> turns it into a Master Grade RX-77-2.

Hmm. This may seem incredibly dense, but isn't that redundant for most
regular 1/100 and 1/144 kits when there seems to be a kit for every
mobile suit ever conceived? =) I can understand doing it for MG kits,
but...

I guess I feel confined by the 'rules' of what's already been shown in
each series. I mean, I've already mentioned I like beefy MS's so I could
put the Leopard's legs on my X Divider and paint it to match, but it just
*feels* wrong to mess with the design the creators have laid out. Are
variations a bad thing? It just seems so cheap to slap new components on
an old kit and say 'Voila! This is a conversion.' (Actually, I really
don't like the Divider's legs. They just have such a limited motion range
compared to the Lep's.)

Like the Heavyarms conversion I mentioned before, did the modeler just
make that up out of the blue or was it an existing design from somewhere?
I don't know. I just feel like I'm detracting from the essential
Gundamness of the kits if I make something new. It doesn't feel Official,
if you take my meaning. Does that sound weird? *sighs and heads off to
bed*

---
skeizer (the gnome)

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.