Michael Garner (msg@cgocable.net)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:35:57 -0400

>In a message dated 6/17/99 7:00:02 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>BlazeEagle@aol.com writes:
>
>> I would play HG too, but don't want to spend $30 on a the rule book. Why
>are
>> do the rule books cost so much?
>>
>> Aaron
>
>Because they're printed in Canada and imported to the states? That would be
>my guess, anyway. Since DP9 is Canadian company, that is.
>
>SJ

Why the heck did I have to pay $36 (24.95 American) for GURPS and another
$30 ($19.95) for GURPS Mecha? Stupid dollar of course...

As someone mentioned before, the shipping across the border will jack up the
price compared to the American made gaming products (Mekaton, Battletech,
GURPS: Mecha). But it also because Dream Pod 9 tries instead to give the
cheaper price to the Canadians instead ($32.95C/$29.95A). If you live near
the border, I suggest the next time up take a trip north, pick it up. That
way it will only cost you around $25. But don't go out of your way.